Same Day Dental Implants
WE GUARANTEE OSTEOINTEGRATION OF IMPLANTS!
In most cases, dental implants are the best solution for missing teeth, showing a lot of advantages. They look and feel just like natural teeth, while preventing bone resorption and gum recession, because it integrates seamlessly into their own bone structure.
Within our clinic you will benefit from the services of one of the most appreciated implantology physicians, with extensive experience in the field of implantology treatments made with a success rate of 100%, namely, Dr. Serban Atanasiu – ultraspecialized in dental implantology!
Teeth in a day – Same day dental implants
At Miko Dental we use the best materials and the most advanced equipment with state of the art technology!
All imaging investigations are carried out inside of our clinic, with latest generation equipment (minimum time of exposure to radiation)!
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is the root of an artificial tooth that is going to replace a missing tooth on the arch. The material from which it is made is 100% titanium, a bio-compatible material. The dental implant is a titanium screw that is placed through special techniques at the level of the mandibular jaw bone/to replace the tooth/teeth on the arch. Therapy usually requires several implants stage divided over a longer span of time, around 3-9 months. After this period the implant is covered with a healing abutment and a provisional Crown that is intended to conform to the gum and to facilitate subsequent definitive prosthesis. After this period the implant is covered with a healing support and a provisional crown that is intended to conform to the gum and to facilitate subsequent definitive prosthesis.There is also the possibility of an implant placed immediately after tooth extraction, the technique used to reduce treatment time and preserve bone that will receive the implant;in the same session the patient may receive immediate provisional crown-prosthesis. These are the of latest in implantology, successfully used worldwide.
There are patients who underwent dental extractions long ago,where bone quantity and quality is low. Until recently these cases of dental implants were contraindicated.Modern techniques allow insertion of implants even in these cases, the patient is subject to prior surgery for bone-bone grafting additions, sinus lift.Our clinic uses in dental implantology operations, PIEZO SURGERY, a device of the latest generation, which increases operator safety measure for both doctor and patient alike, is minimally traumatic, post surgical offers comfort compared to conventional techniques used in implantology. Piezo surgery has indications elevation of the maxillary sinus operations without sinus membrane damage, surgery to insert implants in the jaw bone narrow (splitting), bone augmentations, tooth extraction without trauma.
What is the success rate of a dental implant?
The success rate in patients with implants is 98-100%. The success rate varies depending on the patient’s health (dental implants are contraindicated in patients with liver disease, metabolic, severe heart, kidney), surgical technique, quality and quantity of bone and most importantly patient hygiene. If they are properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime. It is necessary for the patient to come regularly for a checkup. Dental implants are considered to have the highest success rate of all dental treatments. Dental implants do not deteriorate , but when oral hygiene is not correct can develop peri-implantitis,condition that can lead to infection of the tissue surrounding the implant and subsequently the loss of the implant. Peri-implantitis risk is increased in smokers and in patients with poor oral hygiene. The risk of loss of an implant occurs due to improper oral hygiene, for smokers, due to incorrect operational techniques and prosthetic destination when it is not appropriate, low bone quality and quantity.
Advantages of dental implants
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.